Specialized Respiratory Care
Yes, individuals with advanced chronic respiratory needs can — and should — have a high quality of life. And we help provide that.
Northwinds Vent Community is the only ventilator therapy facility of its kind in central, eastern and northern Wisconsin. It’s nestled on the shores of Lake Wausau, surrounded by lush gardens and winding paths. It houses private suites and family-style entertainment and dining centers for residents and their families. And our highly trained staff provide personalized care and short-term, long-term and weaning respiratory therapies using the latest onsite respiratory technologies.
- Personal care. 24-hour on site respiratory therapy and nursing services.
- Secure care. Integrated nurse call system that incorporates the ventilator system.
- Rooms with a view. Private suites overlook landscaped grounds and lake.
- Mobility. Residents can visit one another, the grounds and the community using portable ventilators.
- Rehabilitation. We help residents adjust to ventilator therapy by providing physical, occupational and speech therapy.
- Goals. Staff work one-on-one with residents to develop and reach rehabilitation goals, including ventilator management and ventilator weaning.
- Social time. The Community is structured to provide residents as much privacy or sociability as they desire.
- Amenities. The Community offers satellite TV, personal laundry service, WiFi, radio, a gift shop, patio, walking and driving paths, a Memory Garden and access to the Wausau bus line.